Deep house cleaning in Hobart
Have you ever wondered about deep house cleaning in Hobart? If your searching for deep house cleaning in Hobart, you’ve come to the right place. All Too often, as homeowners we put off deep cleaning for as long as we possibly can. Deep cleaning is all about the tiny little details and let’s face it.. Not everyone has the patience. But when you finally take care of these fiddly tasks and often messy tasks, you’ll notice that it makes your home feel much more tidy and inviting.
It’s as if the subconscious mind can sense when all those little nooks and crannies are filled with dust and grime or when they’re sparkling clean. One thing is for sure, you can notice immediately when a house is truly clean and when it’s not and lets face it, we all prefer being in a nice and clean environment, at the end of the day it helps you relax and feel better and healthier.
So let’s take a look at the first things to be mindful of for how to deep clean your home.. Firstly your tools for the job! In no particular order, you should be armed with a pair of rubber gloves, an abrasive scrubber of some sort, a spray bottle with vinegar and water, disinfectant spray or a degreaser, a bucket of water, disposable cloths or rags, and some good old paper towel.
Wondering how to deep clean your home? Here is our checklist.
Now, some tasks simply apply to every room you are cleaning. For example, every room has door handles that have been touched by dozens of people. The cleaning processes for such tasks are standard throughout the entire home. To begin, you should do the following:
- All ledges, windows, and cabinet tops should be first dusted and then vacuumed, including those hard-to-reach spots.
- If possible detach all faucets and showerheads and soak them in some vinegar for about an hour.
- Remove and rinse all vent covers with warm, soapy water.
- Dust or wipe all your window sills and window tracks. Remember to remove any cobwebs and bugs from the window screens and behind the blinds.
- Wipe or dust down all ceiling fan blades.
- Do a spot clean of stains on all the carpets and upholstery, especially in the living room or dining area.
- Spray and wipe down the doors, doorknobs, and doorframes to remove any dirty fingerprints or smudges.
- Wash and thoroughly sanitize your garbage bins and recycling bins.
- Spray your blinds with vinegar and thoroughly scrub them using a cloth appropriate for the material your blinds are made of.
- Lift up the cushions from your couches and chairs and vacuum the entire area. Then, if possible move the couch and repeat the process with the floor where the couch usually rests.
- Empty your cabinets and drawers and wipe them down with your cleaning spray. Wipe down the knobs and handles as well.
The Kitchen is where the action happens.
When we look at how to deep clean your home it’s vital to consider one of the most important rooms in the house. The kitchen is filled with appliances you use on a daily basis, but how rarely think to clean them? Just imagine how many times a day you or someone in your home opens the refrigerator. Be honest.. how often do you clean the rubber seals that lock your grocery inside and keep the fridge cool? If your like me.. Not that often and hat’s just one example.. So for the kitchen, you should:
- Completely empty the refrigerator and wipe down all of the surfaces inside. Use this opportunity to throw out any expired food that is no longer usable. Then using warm and soapy water followed by disinfectant, thoroughly clean the rubber door seals of the fridge and refrigerator. Once your done, you can restock the fridge in a nice, new orderly way.
- Next comes the oven. If it has a self-cleaning function, you can clear it out and run the cycle. Fumes may build up, so turn on the fan, open the windows or take this time to get out of the house for a while. If your oven does not have a self-cleaning option, baking soda paste and a scrub brush should do the trick, along with a bit of elbow grease.
- Give you toaster a good shake out and remove the tray at the bottom which catches all the bread crumbs. These aren’t just disgusting, they’re are also a fire hazard!
- Use a glass cleaner on the face and buttons of the microwave. Vinegar should be used to clean the inside, especially any food stains on the plate.
- Depending on your stovetop, you might have a grill. This should be soaked in hot soapy water. All surfaces and knobs should be cleaned with a soapy sponge and then wiped down with a clean cloth.
- The dishwasher can be cleaned with baking soda and vinegar by running it on empty. This will remove soap residue that builds up and accumulates over time, also remember to clean around the seals.
- Once all this is complete, head to the sink. Most likely you’ve been using the sink throughout this deep-cleaning process. It should be pretty disgusting by now, especially after the grill from the stove. So, rinse it out with hot soapy water and follow this up with disinfectant spray and bleach. If it’s stainless steel it can often have scratch marks. These can be removed or reduced significantly with a coarse scrubber. Always scrub in the direction of the steel grain to avoid making more scratches. If you unsure you can always find a good video tutorial on youtube.
The Bathroom is one of the most important spaces to deep clean for optimal health.
When approaching a Deep House Cleaning in Hobart you must also consider a key point of daily use and in particular our health and hygiene, the bathroom. For this you should:
- Remove the mould and mildew accumulating in your grout of your tiles, especially around your bathtub or shower. You can create a solution by mixing bleach or baking soda with water. Use this to soak the tiles, shower and bathtub. Let the solution soak in for a few minutes, then scrub away with a coarse sponge. Finally, wash the entire area and wipe it clean with a wet cloth.
- Perhaps you clean your bathroom mirror more regularly since it’s right in front of your face, but take this opportunity to thoroughly wipe down and disinfect it, removing any spots of toothpaste that may have accumulated there.
- Cleaning the toilet is a multi-step process. Using toilet cleaner or vinegar, clean inside the bowl. Let it soak and use a brush to spread it around especially under the lip and down to the bottom (pun intended). Next up, spray the exterior with a disinfectant and wipe it down with a cloth. Use a coarse scrubbing sponge on the exterior, and don’t forget the floor around the toilet, often a lot of dust accumulates below and behind. Then, use the toilet brush to remove any stains inside of the bowl. Finally, scrub under the rim once more to clean the part where the water flows out of. This is also a good moment to install a scented toiled refresher.
- Your shower head should be soaked in water and vinegar overnight.
- The shower curtain require a few different steps. Linen curtain should be washed properly, so check and see if it can go in the washing machine. As for the plastic curtain, you should honestly probably replace them. These are difficult to clean and aren’t that expensive, so replacing them is simply easier.
Deep house cleaning Hobart; Our conclusion.
With this our ‘deep house cleaning in Hobart’ checklist is complete. Of course depending on your property you may have a variety of other room or facilities in your home that require attention during your deep clean. These can include a garage, pool or spa area, office space, outdoor areas, games rooms, wine cellars or man caves. Simply take our blueprint and apply the principles to which ever rooms are also in need of cleaning.
However this being said, a deep clean is a time consuming and laborious process. If your not up to the task but would like to see your home sparkling from top to bottom reach out to us today. We specialise in Deep House Cleaning in Hobart, so call us for a free quote and to speak to a specialist cleaner who can advise and book your domestic deep clean.
Also if you have any other deep cleaning techniques or suggestions to add to our list? Let us know about it in the comments section below. We wish you success with your deep house cleaning in Hobart and hope our list has helped you to make your house a little bit Healthier.